Equal Opportunities – Protection of Rights – Full Participation
Special Days celebrated at the organisation during the year
- Bhajan Sandhya organised on 25th June on the occasion of Sh. Indudada’s death anniversary
- On 7 August, on the occasion of Sh. Chhotudada’s death anniversary Prayer meeting was organized and bed sheets were distributed.
- On 15 August, flag hoisting was done by an inmate of the organisation and Independence Day was celebrated.
- In October on World Elderly Day, various activities were done with the elderly People in the organisation.
- On World Disability Day on 3rd December, an entertainment programme was held. On this day special decoration and snacks were arranged. Music and dance items were presented by various groups of Vadodara. All children and the inmates of the organisation enjoyed the programme a lot.
- On 31 December, the year’s last day was celebrated by organizing a musical programme of Sh.Arpitbhai Vachhrajani, the son-in-law of Sh.Jitubhai who is from the organisation’s team.
- Republic day on 26 January was celebrated with Sh.Patange, Vice President (HR) of Linde Engineering Company hoisting the flag.
- On Gandhi Nirvan Divas on 30 January, throughout the day events like Prabhatferi, Shramdaan were organised and the Leprosy Eradication Week’s inauguration programme was also held.
- Leprosy Eradication Week was held from 30 January to 5 February and everyday new activities and events were organised.
- To celebrate International Women’s Day on 8 March, 50 female inmates went to Poicha, a religious place. This tour became memorable as the group enjoyed it
Kalrav Balwadi (pre-primary Section)
Shram Mandir organisation is always actively involved in developing the Shram Mandir Primary school. Since there is no Anganwadi nearby, Kalrav Balwadi was started where nonformal education is imparted to young children who would otherwise be enrolling in primary school without the required readiness to do so. The education is given free of cost. In the Balwadi 27 children got enrolled and they are also provided snacks.
School compound wall
To ensure that children do not go away to their homes during school hours, on the school’s request, the organisation has built a compound wall around the school.
Pran Pratishtha of Temple
On August 8th, in the newly built temple at Shram Mandir, its Pran Pratistha Mahotsav was held. Pujya Shastriji from Ahmedabad carried out all the religious rituals and the Pooja. The inmates, donors, workers of the organisation, Trustees and children of the organisation enthusiastically attended the Pooja. In the temple pratistha of eight Gods was carried out, the idols of which are very beautifully done. The temple though small is very aesthetically built. On this day, members of the organisation from Vadodara and Ahmedabad attended in large numbers. On this occasion, Sh.Arjunsinh Vanjhara,
Mamlatdar (Vadodara Rural) also remained present.
Inauguration of renovated Kitchen
The organisation received donation from America based Smt. Surbhiben Hiteshbhai Kadakia in memory of Late Sh. Shantaben Natwarbhai Shah for upgrading the kitchen to state of the art facilities. The inauguration of the kitchen Annapoorna Bhuvan in its new form was done by Sh. Avantika Singh, Collector, Vadodara. Hon. Collector visited the various sections of the organisation and interacted with the inmates. On this occasion, the President, Trustees and all workers of the organization remained present.
Donation received for school bus from Sh. Jalaram Mandir Trust Vadodara
Sh. Jalaram mandir trust vadodara donated funds towards buying a school bus which would greatly facilitate sending children of the organization to schools in Vadodara. The organization is very thankful to Sh. Jalaram Mandir trust for this support.